With its beautiful beaches, bustling town centre, cosmopolitan atmosphere, buzzing nightlife, plentiful cultural and leisure facilities, Bournemouth is one of the most popular places to live, study and holiday in the UK.
It has frequently been voted England’s best holiday resort, it’s a brilliant town for students, and there’s something for everyone here. Its residents love living here so much they have voted it one of the happiest places to live in the UK.
As you can tell, we are very proud of our beautiful town and its surroundings, so feel free to contact us if you want any more tips on making your stay here as wonderful as possible.
Here are some of the reasons why students
choose to live and learn English in Bournemouth:-
- 10Kms sandy beaches
- Voted the UK’s best beaches in 2018 & 2019 by TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards
- Low cost of living (significantly cheaper than London prices)
- Safe & easy to get around
- Excellent night life: live music venues, theatres, cinemas, restaurants, clubs & bars
- Active town: water sports, swimming pools, gyms, racket sports, golf & more
- Vibrant university town offering international student facilities
- Excellent shopping with a great selection of high street and Boutique shops
- Free summer festivals & sports championships
- Fireworks displays every Friday night in the summer
- International students parties all year
- International airport 15 minutes away
Nearby you can explore the New Forest, with its stunning scenery and wildlife. There’s the beautiful Purbeck peninsula and the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage Site, ‘the Jurassic Coast‘ both easily accessible from Bournemouth on public transport.
Just a short bus ride away you’ll discover :
- Water Sports Centres – learn to surf or paddleboard
- Bowling Alleys
- Boat trips to beautiful nearby Islands
- Horse Riding
- Indoor Water Park
- New Forest Bike Rides
Go a little further and you’ll find London, Oxford and Bath are all easy to visit, either independently or as part of our sister language school BEET’s weekend excursion programme.
Bournemouth has excellent transport connections – by air from Bournemouth airport, by ferry from nearby Poole, and by trains from Bournemouth train station with direct trains to London in under two hours.
Bournemouth is a multicultural town with many opportunities for religious worship.
There are many Christian churches of different denominations, including some for specific nationalities, such as Bournemouth’s Korean church.